Ruby just revealed her 4Play secrets
How did you come to living in New York City?
As cliché as it sounds, fate led me here.
In 2014 I was 3 years into my Arts Degree at Melbourne University, working in fashion retail part time, squeezing in acting classes on the side and juggling ludicrous partying and epic boy-drama sagas. I was restless, dissatisfied and hungry; my heart and soul needed MORE! While wrestling with this inner turmoil, I had planned a solo vacation to New York City to immerse myself in the theatre scene and of course do all the shopping and eat all pizza a 5”4 human could eat. I did not expect this to be the answer to the question I wasn’t even able to articulate. The moment I stepped onto E55th and 5th Ave, I felt an intense connection to the world around me, as though an indestructible thread was now stretching all the way through my body, down to my feet and into the Manhattan concrete.
I loved everything about it; the way my heart burst out of my chest as I joined the herds on humans flying down the pavement, the smell of honey roasted hazelnuts as I pulled my scarf closer to my chest in Central Park, but mostly it was the indescribable energy that pulsated like a vibration in the air truly different to any that I had felt before. For the first time in my life, I felt I belonged.
I did everything I could to figure out a way to remain within this magnetic universe and eventually, after many sleepless nights, I came to the realization that I could follow my heart, pursue my dream and go to acting school in the city that never sleeps.
From your instagram we can see you are a massive foodie…
YES I AM! Which is definitely a contributing factor as to why I am ADDICTED to my Brazilian Bum Bum Cream and Brazilian 4 Play Shower Cream-Gel. The pistachio caramel scent makes my mouth water and I legitimately moan whenever I open the gorgeous jar and dip my fingers in every morning to apply.
Speaking of fingers…I LOVE eating with my hands. There is something so primal but also sensual about being able to lick your fingers after taking a bite; whether it be vanilla bean icing from a fluffy moist cake or ripe avocado nestled on an olive oil-doused crunchy piece of toast. One of my favorite places to go where I feel most at home is a new cafe that my Aussie friend has just opened up in Manhattan called Citizens of Chelsea. They make gorgeous smoothie bowls with fresh pitaya and dragon fruit, vibrant pink beet-hummus toast and of course INCREDIBLE coffee. The perfect instagram-able spot 😉
Name: Ruby Wall
Occupation: Actress and Social Media Manager
Hometown: Melbourne, Australia
Current City: New York City
Instagram handle: @rubysriwall
1. What are 5 songs from your current playlist?
No Problem – Chance the Rapper
Secret – Maroon 5
Kiss it Better – Rihanna
Loved By You – Kirby
Self Control – Frank Ocean
2. Truth or Dare? Truth
3. Best kiss you have ever had? It was actually one night recently on the streets of New York; I realized I was falling in love (NAWWWW SO CUTE)
4. What is in your shower right now? Living Proof Shampoo and Conditioner, Sol de Janeiro Brazilian 4 Play, Herbivore Bamboo Charcoal Detoxifying Soap Bar and an intense male razor.
5. What is your ultimate beauty secret? Confidence. Nothing is sexier or more beautiful than a woman who knows her worth. Oh, and obsessive body moisturizing.
6. What is your favorite food? Right now…The mushroom slice from Two Boots Pizza. SO GOOD.
7. What is your go-to cocktail and who would you want to share it with? A mezcal and bourbon cocktail I created called the ‘Smoked Pu$$y’….and definitely Rihanna.
8. Describe your style in 2 words. Sultry and romantic
9. What is the best piece of advice you have ever received? It’s never too late to change your mind.
10. What is your guilty pleasure? A bottle of pinot noir, One Direction blasting and a pint of Van Leeuwan Vegan Salted Caramel Ice Cream
11. What is your favorite Sol de Janeiro product you cannot live without? I jump to say the Bum Bum Cream… but then I think of what’s been happening during my showers since leaving a Brazilian 4 Play in my boyfriend’s bathroom!!! It’s IMPOSSIBLE to choose!
Photos by @jackbolga
Comments are closed