Sol de Janeiro is led by our 3 founders, who come from three diverse cultures: Korea, USA, and Brazil. As a brand that is rooted in the culture of Brazil – one of the most diverse countries in the world - inclusivity has always been at the heart of our brand experience. We strongly believe that diversity is the very essence of what is beautiful.
Unlike long-established brands and full scale corporations, ours is a small private company that is quickly growing and just shedding its start-up status. As a minority female CEO led company, we are focused on making diversity a focal point as we expand our team to accommodate this rapid growth. As we do so, we will work hard on fostering a truly diverse team to fully reflect our company culture and policies.
Our full-time employee diversity profile is as follows:
With the recently established SOL Inclusivity Group within the company, we are continually making an effort to build a more inclusive workforce. We recognize that we must do more to ensure that our team brings all the voices of our community to the table.
These are the changes we’re making today.
- We will work more frequently with recruiters to make sure we are seeing a diverse range of candidates for open roles.
- We will clearly communicate in our hiring process that diverse experiences and cultures are welcome & encouraged.
- We will continue to provide training and resources for success and expansion into leadership roles for minority employees.
- We will continue to provide paid internship opportunities to diverse groups of students.
- Our team is committed to mentorship within our community for future generations of minority and under-resourced students.
- We are matching donations from our team to community organizations.