While visits to the salon for our mani-pedi is de rigueur for a lot of us, that may not be happening right now. So, as we tap away on our laptops and phones and look down at our toes, we can’t help but see things might be looking a bit sad. Not to worry, we’re going to take matters in our own hands – the Brazilian way!
In Brazil, we lavish lots of attention on our hands and feet. Soft, smooth, pampered, hands and feet are a huge part of loving and taking care of our bodies – and we do it with pleasure. Plus, we have some Brazilian Beauty Secrets sprinkled along the way.
Tips for Brazilian at-home mani:
- File edges to smooth and ensure polish goes on evenly. We really like a good crystal nail file.
- Soak hands in a small basin of warm water to soften cuticles. Dry hands and then apply our Brazilian Touch Hand Cream. Be sure to work it in and take a few minutes to give yourself a nice massage. Our hand cream is blended with Brazil Nut, which is rich in selenium and known to nourish skin and strengthen nails. It’s also super fast-absorbing and never greasy so it won’t interfere with your polish. Perfect for a manicure!
- After moisturizing, gently push back the cuticle with your own nails or a cuticle stick.
- Use cuticle scissors to trim the cuticle.
- Now, you’re ready for polish. Choose a shade that makes you happy! And always use a base coat and top coat.
- Now, this is very Brazilian – don’t be afraid to paint outside the lines! After polish, take an orangewood stick and wrap a thin layer of cotton around the tip, then dip in nail polish remover. Carefully trace edges of nails with the tip to remove excess polish in the corners and on the skin (pictured below). Do this after each coat. This is a big Brazilian Beauty Secret for a great manicure!
- Keeping nails and cuticles moisturized is key for keeping your manicure looking great, so show a little love every day – before bed is perfect. Our multi-tasking Brazilian Kiss Cupuaçu Lip Butter is amazing and blended with cupuaçu butter and açaí and coconut oils to nourish and smooth. Glide over nail and cuticle –and be generous. This keeps cuticles soft and nails strong. The delicious scent of doce de leite also makes this a real treat and very yummy right before bedtime.
Tips for Brazilian at-home pedi:
Follow mani tips above but grab some Samba Foot Fetish Cream to treat feet to our Brazilian pedicure. It’s enriched with cupuaçu butter and açaí and coconut oils to deeply nourish and condition. But first, smooth away rough dry skin and callouses with our cute pumice board that comes with our foot cream. Cute because it’s a surfboard-styled pumice board. Very Brazilian.
After smoothing dry feet, then apply cream. A nice foot massage is perfect here.
One of the best things about Samba Foot Fetish Cream is its fast-absorbing formula. A great addition to your pedicure and an amazing moisturizer before bed to maintain your pedicure and soft, pretty feet.